CCR - The End

 CCR

My short film showcased the way mentally ill liars can affect others in society. This sheds light on liars in society which it isn’t really much reflected on. The main character in the short film would not stop lying about her life experiences to her previous friend group. People like this in society are not seen as good people. You can never know whether they are lying or not. This caused a rather untrustworthy feeling towards her causing them to feel different about her. Which is understandable because being friends with someone who can never be honest with you is rather exhausting. It was to the point where they had to stop being friends with her. This can be related to real life problems where people in the media constantly lie about their lifestyle for attention, but then it is then revealed that they actually never lived that way. Neither did they have those experiences happen to them. This can be seen when the main character in my short film encounters her next group of victims. Victims of her lying ways are now stuck with her for a while. Some people end up feeling stuck with the friends they have not having enough courage to even get away with the friendship even if they don’t want to be there. It could be that they have a fear of hurting the other side's feelings or even thinking something bad will happen to them due to them stop being friends with the person. In the short film, the two girls end up actually stopping being friends with the liar. This helped show that people are capable of getting away from things and that there should be no fear in that. People in society shouldn’t let their fears or doubts hold them back. They should do what they think is right and know when to separate themselves from stopping what they dislike, which is what I wanted to showcase in my short film. There were many elements within my short film package that I curated to therefore create sort of a brand for myself. Starting off with my short film, I implemented this unique style in my editing and camera work. For the editing, I added this different coloring in the movie that really isn’t as popular for short films or movies. It helped merge with the plotline of the story and overall vibe giving it an extra umph for the reader to enjoy. This definitely helped put a bump in the start for my brand. For the camera work, in certain scenes the camera was more of a high angle for certain parts as well as a more easier to understand camera work not making it too complex for the audience to follow. To me, this made the scene look like it came from a security camera because of the camera angle. This caused the short film to showcase something new for the audience. Now, on to my website and postcard. These were another huge step to creating my brand. They both followed the vibe of the movie kind of mysterious vibes for both. The editing style was quite simple, but I'd like to think that it was very effective. I made sure to use significant symbols in my postcard and website which would help easily recognize it for what it is. Especially for the logo, the spiral loops I used helped keep the idea in the minds of the audience. I think these elements added a form of authenticity to the public. It helps the public to more easily recognize your future work as your own from already knowing key elements that you implement in your work projects. Therefore, creating an audience for yourself and having your own name. I think my short film did well in the aspect of engaging with the audience. My products engage very much with the audience. To even engage with your audience it is effective to create a connection with your target audience. For regular people like us, there is more comfort in seeing people on the big screen that look like us, speak like us, and have similar experiences as us. To make sure these targets are hit your products have to take in effect that step you want. The costumes for my short film were quite casual including jeans, sweatpants, and plain black shirts. This is the regular clothing item for your ordinary everyday person. Already implementing a sense of comfort and familiarity. Also, the location of my film was at your average community park and my room. Many have their memories as a child going to the park which could hit home with certain audiences where they relate to being at the park with their friends. Another element is the vocabulary of my actors in the short film. To me, the script of my short film was quite casual with some teenager vocabulary. I would say this resonates with most of the public. Low, middle and high income a lot of folks have casual, hip, or trendy words in their vocabulary. So, this definitely helped to engage with a larger scale audience. Another thing to take in count was the camera angles. In a lot of the angles where the actors were talking to each other, the camera would be in first person point of view to give more of a sense that you are the one having the conversation with the actor.  It helped add the audience into the short film creating a bond between them and the short film.



https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AXSoDB70YacTAFOBhKy8f9_CDKA37SfnQ2C8eqAxDKQ/edit?usp=sharing





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

final task: revenge

my music video woot woot

production blog - finally some progress